I am beginning to see that sometimes our lack of contentment is because we allow ourselves too many options.
Don't like our hair color? let's change it.
Don't want to watch a commercial? Watch 2 or 3 shows at the same time.
Don't feel like cooking dinner? Well, have it delivered to your doorstep.
Don't want to read The Bible? There are 50 million other books out there about The Bible.
What to do about school? There are neighborhood public schools, charter schools, year round schools, christian private, secular private, homeschooling.
Don't feel like making a cup of coffee in the morning? well..............you know all the yummy options out there!
Sure all the above things are great, and I am glad they are all available to us. But, sometimes they can get in the way and distract us from just the bottom line.
Jesus said when he left this earth :"Peace give I to you, not as the world gives"
I am coming to realize when I don't feel God's perfect peace, maybe I am searching for contentment in too many options. When I am grounded in the basics, it makes it easier to enjoy all the options and not be overwhelmed by them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment